Latestworld

China Warns About the Bubonic Plague, 2 Cases Reported

A city in northern China sounded an alert on Sunday after a suspected case of bubonic plague was reported, official media reported. Bayannur, the Autonomous Region of Inner Mongolia, issued a Level III Plague Prevention and Control Alert, state-run People’s Daily Online reported. The suspect case of bubonic plague was confirmed by a hospital in Bayannur on Saturday. The local health authority has announced it will extend the alert period until the end of 2020.

On July 1 state-run news agency Xinhua said two suspected cases of bubonic plague. It identifies as western Mongolia’s Khovd province confirming by laboratory test results. The confirmed cases are a 27-year-old resident and his 17-year-old brother. He treats in two separate hospitals in their province, a health official quote as saying. Health official said the brothers ate marmot meat warning people not to eat marmot meat.

Treatment Going on in Hospital

According to Narangerel, a total of 146 people contact with those who isolate and treated in local hospitals. Bubonic plague is a bacterial disease spreading on wild rodents such as marmots by fleas living on them. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), it can kill an adult in less than 24 hours if untreated in time. A couple died last year from bubonic plague in Bayan-Ulgii west Mongolian province after eating raw marmot meat.

The news of bubonic plague came after the early warning. It issues by Chinese researchers about another possible pandemic causing by an influenza virus in pigs. Scientists from China Agricultural University, the Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention. Also, other institutes have identified a pig influenza virus carrying genotype 4 (G4). It is which infectious among pigs and has the potential to move to humans. This is as the G4 virus is capable of binding to human cells, published last week in the State-run Global Times. The researchers worry that it further mutate so that it can easily spread. It is from person to person, and cause a global outbreak, BBC said.

Even as China grappled with the second COVID-19 attack in Beijing. It is after monitoring it in Wuhan where it was first identified in December last year. A single-digit COVID-19 registered to Beijing on Saturday, local authorities said Sunday. On June 13 and 14, the number of newly confirmed COVID-19 cases. It reached a peak in Beijing and then declined generally, Xinhua cited local officials as saying. From June 11 to July 4, 334 confirm locally transmit cases register by the district. 47 per cent of wholesale food market employees in Xinfadi, the official said.

 

Show More

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Related Articles

Back to top button
Close